Monday, February 4, 2013

I LOVE being a missionary!!!! :D

Mum, daddy, and all of whom I love so much!:)

HELLO! Another incredible week here in London, Canada! I have had so many experiences that have increased my testimony and love for missionary work, His work and the love He has for children!! To start off, I want to send my prayers on to the friends and family of Stephen Greiner. I know that he has touched the hearts of hundreds if not thousands of people on this Earth! I know He was well greeted at the Veil and blessed for his kind and tremendous work here. Know that I am thinking and praying for all of you and love you dearly!! He is still smiling that incredibly happy smile he shared with us and will continue to do so, I am sure! I love you all!!!

And Holly Sparks, may I apologize for not wishing you a happy birthday last week?? I did sing to you on the 26th, ask S. Messer! Remember that one time when I made a song for you...? Yeah, well, I sang that song here in Canada, so I didn't forget you!:) LOVE YOU, LOVE BUCKET!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:)

Another shout-out to my friends who returned home from the missions in the past couple weeks...WELCOME HOME!!!!! I am sorry I am not there to person to give you a hug, but I'll do so in the future, eh?:) Send me letters so we can exchange missionary experiences!!! mmm...ok?!:) Love you, guys!

alrighty.....who's ready for....question time?????

1.  What was your favorite teaching moment?
hmmm that's a hard one....I'd have to say Maria. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom and she was so willing to accept it quickly and drop her coffee for good!:) She knows the church is true and wants to be baptized, but has 2 more issues we're working with. one is tithing that we're going to teach her this week and the other one is something that can't be taught. I think I mentioned before but she is a former Jehovah Witness with her whole family. She has not been practicing for quite some time but her other son is very strong Witness and helps pay her bills and keeps her living abilities stable. So she wants to talk with him and help him understand her reasoning and desires to join the Church but fears he's going to shun them. So it's a bit of a touchy area, but we lovingly tried to help her understand that it will definitely be an act of faith, but God will help her if she makes a commitment of baptism regardless of what happens. The Spirit was so strong as we testified that the Gospel does not make our problems go away, but it gives us the strength to overcome our challenges with the Spirit as our constant companion to help us. She understands but, of course, is quite nervous. We don't know what time they'll be speaking but she said she will do so by the end of the night and then let us know, so please keep her and her son in your prayers. :)



2.  What was your most embarrassing moment?
oh do I have a story for you! haha so the other night, S. Messer and I were out contacting on the street and out of nowhere, it was POURING rain! we were both wearing our down coats so needless to say, they became a little smelly after that...haha (we fixed the smell, don't worry:)) So we were walking and trying to talk to others but people but no one really cared for what we had to say (YET!:)) but we were still laughing and making it fun. Then S. Messer goes "you know how in movies when everything is going wrong and then they're standing at a street corner and a car hits a puddle and drenches them? do you know how funny it would be if that happened right now??!" and we just starting laughing because yeah, we thought it'd be funny. No joke, less than 2 minutes later, a car speeds past us, hits a puddle, and goes ALL over me!!!! ah goodness, it was so great. haha absolutely soaking, we were laughing so hard!! it was awesome. :) We then went from there to visit a less active and when we got in the building, a man sees us and says "you both are very attractive. very beautiful." and then walks away. we're pretty sure he was making fun of us....haha good times....:)




3.  How are things going with Charles?
oh charles....well at the beginning of the week, GREAT! then we went to visit him on wednesday night for our appointment, but he forgot we were coming so he was asleep. but we're stubborn...so we knocked harder. :) He finally came to the door, apologized for sleeping, and let us in. Within the first minute of talking to him, we could easily tell that he was quite high. Knowing he wasn't going to remember anything of which we taught him, we were out in less than 15 minutes and said we'd call him a different time. We've been having a hard time getting in touch with him, so we're going to get the member who came with us that night and just drop by him. Hopefully he hasn't completely blown us off, cause we don't give up that easily. Just sayin...:) But he said that night he's been reading and praying a little bit and that he'll continue to, so we'll see what happens, eh?
4.  Other investigator news...?  (Maria, Sheila - is she back?)
Well Sheila just got back, we are meeting with her on Thursday, so no updates right now, but I'll let ya know next week, yeah?:)
5.  Have you met Sister Scott yet?  If so, thoughts.....?
nope...not yet...:(
6.  Have you and Sister Messer figured out the bus routes?  
Have we ever!!!!??:) For the most part, yes. except for the 1.5 hour detour we took last night....that was awkward...talked to a lot of people on the bus though, so that's good! haha
7.  Other than feeding you well, are the ward members supportive of the missionaries?  (giving referrals, going on splits, etc.)
yeah, pretty supportive. It is a little difficult to get some members to come out with us because most women are really old in this ward and the ward mission leader never returns our calls because he's super busy. But hopefully by visiting more and more of the members this week, we'll make some new relationships so they'll want to come out with us!:)
8.  Does your area have any elders in it, or only sisters?
sure does! one companionship of Mandarin speaking elders! so we're the only <assigned> English speakers! (they can speak english too but their assignment is mandarin.)
9.  Do you know where the other sisters from the MTC are serving?
nope. haha I don't remember any of the names at all, sorry! :)
10. How has your testimony grown since getting out in the field?
Oh goodness, it has grown SO much, already, it's INCREDIBLE!!! When I came out here 2 weeks ago, I was so nervous about what I was going to say and how I was going to word it and just flat out nervous. I am still a little nervous, but I understand more, now, that it's the Spirit I am trying to share with them, it's not the complexity of my words, most people learn in simplicity, anyways! I find that when I speak to people now, the Spirit is truly helping me, allowing me to just speak from my heart, what I really and honestly know to be true! I know, more than ever, that our Heavenly Father lives!!! And he truly does care about each and every one of us! Not as some random child of His, but personally, and lovingly! and He loves me enough to put me in awkward situations so I learn how to be a better missionary!:) Ah, I just love this Gospel SOO much and know that it is growing every second I am out here!!!:) Isn't missionary work the greatest??!!!!:)
11. Is there anything you need/want in a package?  :0)
well....ya know...canadian oreos are different than American oreos. American ones are much better....could we lovingly ask for a package of those, please? :) 


Well, my time here on the computer is at an end, so I must bid you all farewell for the day. I love you all and want you to know that I KNOW this Gospel to be true! I know that God lives. I know that Joseph Smith saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ, and helped in restoring the Gospel again upon the Earth, in these Latter-Days!:) I love you all SOO much and want you to know that I pray for you all daily! Keep up your happy smiles and love to one another, because I can promise you, kindness makes a HUGE difference in peoples lives!!! I love you all!!! Until next week...

Love for now and eternity...
Sister Janelle De Groot:)

Missionary Invitation #3: Be sincerely kind to someone this week. You that person who cuts you off on the street? Don't yell at them. They may not be able to hear you, but God can. Your mom, dad, sibling, or child who pushes your buttons? Just love them. Think of the things you love about them, and then show/tell them. It makes a HUGE difference to simply think twice about your what you're about to do, say, or even think. Be a little more Christlike this week and pass on the love!:)

2 Nephi 32:
And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?
 2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye hadareceived the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the btongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?
 aAngels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, bfeast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will dtell you all things what ye should do.
 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye aask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will ashow unto you all things what ye should do.
 Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall amanifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
 And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the aunbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the bstiffneckedness of men; for they will cnot search dknowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in eplainness, even as plain as word can be.
 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the aSpirit which teacheth a man to bpray, ye would know that ye must cpray; for the devilspirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
 But behold, I say unto you that ye must apray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall bpray unto the Father in the cname of Christ, that he will dconsecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the ewelfare of thy soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment