Monday, February 10, 2014

Alma 34:40-41

Mum, PahPea, Family and Friends!

You know what's fantastic? Being a missionary. Eyup. It sure is. (didn't see that one coming, did you?:)) We had a wonderful and very spiritual week! There were just so many instances we found ourselves where we just needed to be in order to learn a lesson that God needed us to learn. We've been learning so much in our studies, meetings, and conversations about God's Plan for us. My testimony has grown tremendously as I understand and have a greater reverence for the love my Father has for me and the trust He has placed in me as His missionary. So humbling, and I am so grateful. 

May I wish EVERYONE a Happy Valentine's Day!!! If I had time, I would write every person individually who ever reads these letters and say thank you a billion x's a lot. You are all so incredible and I love you all SOOO much!! Truly, your support, prayers, and love mean more to me than you know, so a simple thank you will have to suffice for now until the resurrection when you'll understand just how much you mean to me. :) so THANK YOU!!! :)

It's......QUESTION TIME!!
1.  How did your get-together with Victor's family go?
Went very well, they are such a sweet family!! His 8 year old daugher, Lena, is such a cutie, reminds me a lot of Bailey, actually :) The Spirit was so present as we talked about eternal families and the healing that comes through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Wonderful family experience. :)
2.  Did Latavia get to attend a baptism this week?
Sadly no, we've been praying a lot for her this past week, actually, and felt strongly that we need to allow her to progress with her sister for a time, without us visiting her. We're confident in God's timing that all will work out and she'll be ready then. When that "then" is, I'm not sure, but I know it'll all work out. always does! :)
3.  Were you able to meet with Shelly after she got back in town?
We were, actually! She's doing very well and understands the need for a Restoration of Christ's Church, and is excited to read the Book of Mormon but mentioned that her life is super crazy right now, so she's not able to meet with us very often. We'll continue to keep her in our prayers, as well, and help her come to church, which she said she'll be able to attend in about 3 weeks due to her crazy schedule and her son. She has a wonderful testimony of our Savior and is excited to build a testimony of the Restored Gospel as well!
4.  How are things going with Jas and Tanya?
We actually haven't been able to contact them this past week, but hope to be able to this week. :)
5.  Joan?
This week! :)
6.  Is there anyone else you are teaching?
Khaleel is a 17 year old who we taught a 6 minute lesson to in the lobby of his home before he went up to his family (his mom was sleeping or else we would have gone up :)) He has such a BIG heart and accepted to prepare to be baptized on March 2nd! He wanted to come to church so badly yesterday but was unable to make it. He's coming this Sunday, though with his mom and friend! So cool!
7.  What is something new you learned about Sister Edwards this week?
"come what may, and love it" Sister Edwards has such a tremendous Gift to accept whatever comes her way. This week, as you've read, quite a few appointments have fallen through and people no longer wanting to meet with us, but we haven't gotten down, we haven't forgotten our purpose. She helps me remember that everything that happens is supposed to happen and there's a reason to it. She's so wonderful, I'm so grateful to have her as my companion!! :)
8.  What is something new you learned about yourself?
I've become bold and stubborn throughout this mission because I understand my purpose more and more each day. and I LOVE it. :)
9.  How many people (on average) attend your ward each Sunday?
150 maybe?

FINISH MY SENTENCE?
10.  I've been so excited to tell you about...
I TALKED TO A GUY IN SPANISH!!!! it was so cool. He truly didn't speak a lick of English and I was able to (mas o menos) tell him who we were and what we do, and get his information to give to the spanish missionaries! oh my goodness. so cool! :)
11.  It was so funny when....
I tripped down the stairs this week. Ontario weather seems to line all cement with a layer of ice and our stairs down to our apartment are cement. yikes. good thing I laugh in painful situations! I'm fine now, don't you worry!! :)
12.  My biggest "aha" moment happened when...
I was studying the Plan of Salvation and connecting it with my Patriarchal Blessing. wow. I highly recommend it!!
13.  Our greatest "findings" happen....
when we talk with everyone in our paths! :) Prayer works, people. it truly does. :)
14.  My favorite thing I ate this week was....
raisin banana bread, compliments of Sister Reynolds 
15.  This mornings companion study session centered on...
The Plan of Salvation!
16.  Splits this week included serving in (_____Mississauga North (our area) and Black Creek Central_______) with (_____Sister Rogers and Hermana Reid______).
17.  If I were granted one wish, I would want it to be....
That I make the correct choices throughout my life that allow me to go through the necessary experiences that will help me become whom the Lord knows I'm capable of becoming.

The reason I mentioned the last point is because I realized this morning in my personal study that our Father's Plan is so much bigger than we can presently see. It's so much bigger than simply living commandments, it's bigger than merely not smoking, or not drinking, or keeping yourself pure, or paying your tithing. It's all for a reason and it's all apart of His plan. Not one of us is less important in His Plan than another, there's just different responsibilities, each one tailored specifically for us and our personal growth. I would invite you to utilize that growth! In doing so, you will have accomplished that which the Lord had intended you to become from that experience. I testify that our Savior lives! He suffered in pain, emotionally, physically, spiritually, for who knows how many people so that we might live. Let us not leave that precious gift untouched! I testify that Christ died for you. If you do not believe that, then, at this one moment in your life, don't think of the person next to you or in the other room, but look in the mirror, look at you. Let the reality of the Atonement of Jesus Christ sink deep into your soul and know, without question, that Jesus is the Christ, your Savior and Redeemer! Satan would have you believe that Christ didn't die for you, that you're just not good enough. But that is not true!  He surely died for everyone!  This is for ALL, especially for you!  When you know that yourself, then are you able to share it with all, and bless their lives deeper than you ever thought possible. This is the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Happiness, the Plan of Peace, the Plan of Truth, the Plan of God! There is no other way, and although it's hard, although it's bumpy, it's still straight! Continue on the path and angels will watch over you, I testify to that from experience! There is so much reverence in my heart to my Father in Heaven and His Restored Gospel, and in Him trusting me, as imperfect as I am, to be a mouthpiece here in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and you in your respective assignment! :) How GREAT is our calling!!!

Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot :)

Missionary Invitation: Slow down a bit this week and truly take time to read your scriptures. "If you haven't read your Patriarchal Blessing recently, read it. and record impressions that come to your mind and heart. For they will come if you pray for them!" Patriarch Warner from the Brampton, Ontario Stake

No comments:

Post a Comment