Monday, July 14, 2014

Alma 37:14

Mum, PahPea, Family and Friends!!!

What an INCREDIBLE last week!!! ah man, it's weird it's about that time, but my goodness, I am SOOOO grateful for all of you!! I love this work so much and have had so many sacred experiences in his work. SOOO grateful. :) I would share them all, but I'll do so as time continues...if the Spirit tells me to. :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! seriously. like so much. :)
ALSO!!! happy birthday NINA MAE!!!! you're SOOO big. happy puppy-having birthday!!! :) LOVE YOU GIRLY!

Janelle's niece, Nina, who turned 6 on Sunday, holding "Nala", her birthday present  :0)
so....QUESTION TIME!
1.  What are your plans for the remainder of this P-day?
clean, pack, clean, eat, pack, clean. yeah, that sums it up. :)
2.  How are your investigators progressing?
Super well! Melanie made plans to be married and baptized in August! :) We're so excited for them! We were able to meet with them this week and understand the blessings of the temple and are excited to be sealed together one day! :) They're so sweet, we love them so much! Ruth is doing well, unable to come to church yesterday as she broke her back :( please continue to keep her in your prayers!! Thanks so much!!!
3.  Anyone new that you are teaching?
not really. we're cleansing the waters for the new sisters! eyup...we're getting white washed out by Sister Hansen and Sister Wanlass, the new sister training leader I went with last year! :) They're both FANTASTIC!!! :)
4.  Do you know Sister Fisher's new companion?
Sister Felix in Brantford North :)
5.  What (if any) meetings/correspondence/etc have you had with the Clayton's this week?
Nothing...:( BUT! they emailed us. and they're doing great. :)
6.  What time do you need to be at the Mission Home tomorrow?
oy...8am. :) bright and early!
7.  What is on the agenda once you all arrive there?
to be honest...no idea. ha I just know my interview is at 8 and then we go to the Brampton Stake Center where we watch transfers unravel and the temple in the evening and testimonies. other than that...not really sure! haha
8.  Where will you sleep?
hotel!
9.  How are you feeling about the end of this "full time missionary" chapter?
I'm a bit nervous, I'll be completely honest. Like Amber felt once upon a time, I just kind of assumed I'd die on the mission because this is all I planned for...I'm realizing life actually continues!! hah So I'm sad to leave this incredible sacred place, but I will not resist progressing  as the Lord wants me to! :)
10.  How are you feeling about the beginning of a new one (chapter)?
like I'm doing the polar plunge all over again. I know it'll be a complete shock to my system, but I'll live. :)

FINISH MY SENTENCE:
11.  This past week was filled with tender mercies, not the least of which was....
Melanie and Chris setting a marriage and baptismal date :)
12.  I felt the Spirit so strongly as I studied....
Prayer :)
13.  Sister Fisher and I bonded over...
sharing miracles after exchanges this past week! SOO incredible!! The guidance of the Lord is incredibly REAL!!! :)
14.  Exchanges included....
Sister Griffin in Oshawa and Sister Mak in Bayview East-mandarin speaking area. yeah. I don't speak mandarin..that one was tough!! hah
15.  I have been so excited to share....
that I saw a piece of my setting apart blessing fulfilled this week. So sacred and I am so grateful. (!)
16.  Did you know....?
that I've gone on 81 exchanges with 50 different sisters? and I've learned SOOO much from every single individual!! I am ever so grateful!!!
17.  "Opposition in all things" has taught me...
that Satan is real, but he only has as much power as we allow him. I love the reality of the Plan of Salvation!
18.  Something I've learned while serving a mission, that I hope I never forget is....
how to live the law of consecration. That lesson is so precious to me! I am so grateful!!!
19.  I will be forever grateful for...
this opportunity to serve the Lord!
the inspired leaders I've learned from
The atonement of our Savior and Redeemer
becoming a missionary rather than just serving a mission
the Book of Mormon. that book is incredible.  :)
Well, I must head out, but I wish for all of you to feel how joyful I am in this work!! It's true, all of it! I know our God is a living, loving Father in Heaven who, because He loves us, sent His Son, Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of the world so that we may, through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, be able to return to His presence with our families, in peace and joy, for eternity! I know that these things are true because I have read the evidence of this restored Gospel, the Book of Mormon, and I have prayed and asked my Father if it is true, and He has witnessed it to me by the power of the Holy Ghost. This is true, I know it to be! and how GRATEFUL I am for this knowledge! how Great is our calling to share that this restored gospel is upon the Earth at this time! Let us share it with all! :)
Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot :)
Missionary Invitation: Share your love of the Book of Mormon with someone who is going through a hard time and share your testimony about how it has helped you in your life throughout all hard times. You'll be surprised of their interest in receiving peace through scripture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment