Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'M A GRANDMA!!!!!!!! :)


Mum, Pops, Family and Friends! 
Why, HELLO!!!!! Greetings from London, Ontario! :) Eyup, transfers came and I became a grandma! My sweet Sister Zerkle is growing up and training Sister Stoddard, the most bubbly person I have ever met, she's SOOO cute, and they are staying in the London 2nd East area!:) I, on the other hand, have moved to London YSA and am training again!!!:) My companion is Sister Dyer, she's an absolute SWEETHEART!!! She LOVES this Gospel SOO much and is excited to tell everyone about it!:) She's from Idaho Falls, Idaho, turns 20 in September, and reminds me SOOO much of JESSICA SHEPHERD!!! For those of you who don't know Jessy, let's just say she's AWESOME!!!!! So...here's a shoutout directly to Jessy...ahem.
JESS!!! really, I swear my comp is YOU! haha she's blonde, adorable, short (sorry, couldn't resist ;D), hilarious, and loves the Lord. Eyup, you in a package! I guess we DO get to be companions after all, eh???:) Love you, Jess!
So, eyup! She's pretty great, I like her kind of a lot!:) We get along great and are both REALLY excited to jump into YSA work. The branch meets at the same building the family ward meets where I served before, so I've met a few of the members already. The branch president, since the first week I got here, kept coming up to me and asking when I was going to go over to the YSA branch, because he wanted sisters there. Well...needless to say, he was pretty excited when he found out he was getting sisters! :)
ooh! another shoutout to the birthday girl(s)!!!
ERIN!!!! happy birthday my sister!!!! Oh my goodness gracious, I just love you oh so much! I hope you have the greatest birthday ever and remember that I love you SOOO much!!! I'll eat some cake for you here in Canada. The previous elders left cake mix in the cabinet...;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY!!!
MELISA!!! ok, I'm sorry I am happy belated birthdaying you...BUT OH MY GOODNESS HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! :):) Even though I'm late, just remember I love you so very much and hope you had a great birthday and the greatest day in the whole wide world! Love you, shnookiepantalones!;)
oh, and one more shout out/question...Michael! did you by chance serve with a Justin Dagsen? that's all. thanks. :)
Alright, let's ski-on-daddle into....QUESTION TIME!!!! :)
1. TRANSFERS - who? what? when? where??? (don't forget to supply me with your new address if you were transferred, as well as any/all companion information!)
well....I actually don't know the address, I'm sorry. I should have been more on top of that. my bad...you could just send it to the mission office, if you want. I can get you the other address on Monday. SOWWY!
2. BIRTHDAY - was it great? (LOVED the picture of you with your ice cream cake, btw!)
SURE WAS!!! Thanks for "sending" me an ice cream cake! You're just the cutest mom in the whole wide world!!!:) i'm so old now...weird...(!)
3. How was your day in Salinas? (I think that's the name of the town you were in on your b'day, right?)
hahaha no....Sarnia. :) It was AWESOME!!! Sister Dagsen and I had an INCREDIBLE experience which made my birthday the greatest birthday I've ever had!:) So the night before, we prayed about where we could go to find someone who wanted to hear the Gospel and needed it in their life. The Spirit informed us to go to a nice little area and tract for a couple hours. So we did. After going to every door and receiving about 3 numbers/appointments for interested people, we felt pretty good!:) We had to cross the intersection to get to our car when a guy in a bright orange sweatshirt was on the other side of the street. I mentioned to Sister Dagsen that I thought we should wait at the corner we were on and talk to him. So we did. Turns out, his name is Jordan. And this is what he said, "You know, it's funny...I just got off work and I never walk home, I always get a ride home. but for some reason, I couldn't today. So I just figured that something good was going to happen on the way home. And this Book of Mormon, I think is it. I know you too are telling the Truth, thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me and being that good I needed. When can I learn more?" Yeah, what?!?! Sister Dagsen and I were absolutely dumbfounded. The rest of the walk to the car, we were just BEAMING!!! and the second we got into our car, we expressed gratitude to our Heavenly Father for leading us to someone who needed our help. We were so grateful that we had been exactly obedient to ensure that we could find someone who needed the Gospel. I wholeheartedly believe and know that if we were not obedient, we would not have found Jordan. Blessings come AFTER the trial of our faith, and I love that God invites us to be better, to make one more step closer to be perfected in Him. This work is just beautiful. 
4. How are your investigators doing?
Well, last I heard, Allie (allie and alex) got her answer, she's getting baptized for sure!!!:) She said she had a dream where she got baptized and she felt SOOOOOOOOOOO good, she knows that this is what's right for her!!! AH! Just a relief to hear!!!! Love that girl so much and so glad I'll be close enough to see her be baptized on the 23rd!:)
6. FAVORITE moment of the week...
See question 4. I love when investigators receive the answer that it's true!!!! They ALWAYS do if they ask Him with real intent!
7. FUNNIEST moment of the week....
that one time when I went to contact someone across the street so I breathed in a little harder to get more air while at the same time walking into a plethora of gnats. Needless to say I couldn't contact them for a bit because I was busy getting the gnats out of my nose and mouth. oh my goodness...so gross! but....good times....:) haha
8. Something you learned about yourself that surprised you...
I am now 21 years old. definitely surprising....:)
9. BEST COMPANION moment of the week....
Sister Zerkle actually hugged me. twice in one day, actually!!! haha she's not a hugger. nope. and we De Groots/Gandolphs, we like to hug. ha! I thought that was pretty funny. companionship bonding. I just knew she loved me! either that or she was just really excited to lose me as a companion...nah, I'm going to go with the first one. ;)
10. FAVORITE teaching experience (or finding experience) of the week...
see number 3.:) nothing beats someone searching for happiness and finding it. nothing.
11. Any message for the Birthday Girl (Erin) today?
HAPPYBIRTHDAYERINHOOLEY!!!!! I am so blessed to have an incredible sister like you! You are my favoritest blonde haired sister in the whole wide world!!!!:) Happy birthday sister!!
12. Any message for Michael/Trisha (who are celebrating their 4th Anniversary today)?
4th? what????? weird. hey! Happy anniversary you two!!! You two cute couple, you!!! I think you're both pretty great and hope you have a splendid day!!! (oh and mikey-buddy...laughed hysterically from your Easter drawing. "can you find the golden egg???" classic. :))
Well, family, I am off! I love you all so much and hope that you have an incredible week!!! Know that I KNOW this Gospel is true! It was when the Biblical prophets said it was. It was when Jesus Christ said it was. It was when Joseph Smith said it was. It is when President Monson says is still, and it continues to be, forever! God be thanked for the matchless gift of His Divine Son, and restoring His Truth on the earth today, and that I can be one to share it as well, along with you!! HOW GREAT IS OUR CALLING!!!
Love for now and forever,
Sister De Groot:)

D&C 121:7-8...
7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes

Missionary Invitation: Set goals and then make plans. set a goal to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover, and then make the necessary plans to achieve that goal. Build your testimony, and then share it with someone you know! Because if it's Truth, it's not just true for you, but for everyone around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment