Monday, November 18, 2013

2 Nephi 32:8-9

"8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the aSpirit which teacheth a man to bpray, ye would know that ye must cpray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must apray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall bpray unto the Father in the cname of Christ, that he will dconsecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the ewelfare of thy soul."
~2 Nephi 32:8-9
 
Mum, PahPea, Family, and Friends!:)
Have I ever mentioned that I love missionary work? Because I don't think I've ever conveyed how much I love this work! so I just thought I'd let you know...I seriously LOVE this work!!!!!  I want to share a quote I came across this morning in studies... "As we feast upon the scriptures, the menu seems to change each time we open them. I (Elder Oaks) was reading the Doctrine and Covenants for the 15th or 20th time. Their direction on a particular subject came to my mind with such freshness and impact that I thoguht they might have been newly inserted in my book. That is the way with prayerful study of the scriptures. The scriptures do not change, but we do, and so the same scriptures can give us new insights every time we read them." FEAST upon the words of Christ, for the words of Christ will tell you ALL things which ye should do!:) and my friends, I can testify that that is God's truth!
Alright, let's go into....
QUESTION TIME!
1. Do you get much snail-mail? From who?  Well this week I've gotten one from Mom and one from Trisha and Mike and the kiddos. I know...since I've been here I've also gotten letters from Keri and Amber and their fams, but I haven't written back yet because I STINK at writing...I know I know, I'll repent I promise!!! I have a plan, don't you worry. but you can't know of that plan so....you'll get something soonish, let's just say that ;) LOVE YOU!
2. How are Paul and Kristen doing? (To aid them in their quest to become smoke-free, you can tell them about my Grandma Gandolph....she had been a chain-smoker (lit her next cigarette from the one she was finishing, smoking non-stop (2 1/2 packs a day!) for 50+ years (she was 69 at the time) when the missionaries challenged her to live the Word of Wisdom. She accepted the challenge, snubbed out the cigarette she was holding, and never smoked again! With the Lord's help, ANYTHING is possible!!) I actually did share that, thank you so much!!! They're doing well, continued prayers on their behalf would be greatly appreciated! Faith is growing SOO much in their home and their love for each other is blossoming! It's true; a home that is centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ can be a safeguard from the perils of the world and allow the family members to increase in love and unity!:)
3. Other than family members, is there anything (or anyone) else you would like me to send you pictures of?hmmm.....that's all i can think of, unless you want to send me a picture of anything else, that'd be cool!:)
4. When are you and Sister Williams singing "Did You Think to Pray?" (Did you get the music from Sister Caldwell?)Possibly tomorrow...we're not sure yet...haha and yes I got it, thanks so much!!!!
5. How are you feeling? Are you staying warm?I am feeling fantastic! and yes I am staying warm but I'm realizing that I really need a warm cardigan or sweater. I have a coat but in order to stay warm out here, I've been borrowing my commpanions sweaters, but my sweet companion will be going home soon and I'm not sure if my next companion will have what I need to prevent me from being an icicle. :) So could you either send me one or give me a tid bit (and by tid bit, I mean ooper tid bit:)) of money to purchase one out here, if that'd be easier. Either way would be fantastic! Thanks so much!
6. What did you eat for breakfast today? Lunch?OOH! I love random questions....um...I had an apple waffle for breakfast given to us by a member and for lunch...haven't had anything yet! but something tastey, that's for sure!:)
FINISH MY SENTENCE...
7. My favorite study session this week was about....Feasting upon the words of Christ! I like food, and I've decided spiritual food is my favorite kind!:)
8. The highlight of my week was when...Ted came to our appointment this morning with 2 pages of notes from his reading in the Book of Mormon! WOOT WOOT! :)
9. I couldn't believe it when....this lady literally dressed up her little dog in a sweater, little booties, AND a santa hat. Oh Canada and its animals. gotta love it. :)
10. I laughed so hard when....sister williams and I were so sore from exercising and had 1 minute to run up the stairs to be in on time for curfew...why is it that being sore makes me laugh hysterically?? :)
11. I'm especially excited about....ALL THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!!! I love the Spirit of Christmas so much!!! after all, it's the Spirit of Christ!:)
12. I felt the Spirit so strong as....Sister Hadley, a sister I went on exchanges with, bore testimony to a man on the street who knew not that Jesus Christ is his Savior, about how she knew He was, and how he could know it too. Boy, I feel like I'm being trained all over again when I go on exchanges with these incredible sisters!!! I am so blessed!!!
 
 
13. I've been excited to tell you about....My love for you! I LOVE YOU! :)
14. I went on exchanges to.....Mississauga and stayed here in Etobicoke for another :)
15. And served on exchanges with....Sister Hadley and Hermana Andelin
16. This week I am most grateful for....
      a. dreams...they are so entertaining!! (recap; sharing the gospel with aliens invading our building on Mabelle because of this guy telling us aliens were coming...every problem can be solved with the gospel, that's for sure!:)     b. Holidays! Happy almost thanksgiving!!!:)     c. The letters and emails from people of whom I love so much! sorry I stink at writing back, but they'll come, I promise you!:)     d. The sacrament! boy, I love remembering my Savior's sacrifice for me and all, and my baptism 13 years ago!      e. Sister Williams and her dedication to this work. I want to be like her one day :)
 

Well, I need to head out, but I sure hope you can feel of the Spirit I attempt to share with you each week! I know, without a doubt, that this gospel is true! I know that my Savior lives and loves every single one of us! I know there is only one way back to our Father in Heaven, not set by man, but declared by our Father, himself! I know that the strait and narrow path is through our Father's restored church - again, not made by man, but restored through a prophet upon the Earth at this time! I only know these things because I have read the Book of Mormon, I have pondered long and hard many times throughout my life what it is saying, and I have prayed to know of its truthfulness, and I declare with all of my heart that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is just that; it's our Lord and Savior's, Jesus Christ, Church upon the Earth in these last days! I know it, and I cannot deny it! Because of that knowledge, I will share it everyday out here and for the rest of my eternal life! How great is our calling!!!
Love for now and for ever,Sister De Groot:)
Missionary Invitation: I had an epiphany this morning!!! Christmas is coming up and you know what we all do? 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS! pick someone who is having a hard time and do it for them coming mid December, but for now, just make the plans and ask God to direct the plan so that you may accomplish that which he has commanded (hint; share the gospel ;)) Make it fun! I'd love to hear how it goes!:)

I Love to See the Temple!  :0)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment