Monday, April 14, 2014

He is not here, for He is Risen!!



Mum, PahPea, Family and Friends!!

Hello hello hello! This week was so wonderful! We were able to come in contact with so many prepared people and set up times to meet with them this week! The Easter feel is definitely in the air here in Mississauga! At all times, testify of Christ and the Spirit will be present I love it!! :) 

Here's a quote taken from President Scott's email this week that I loved: Elder Dallin H. Oaks. Elder Oaks said, “It is not….enough for us to be convinced of the gospel; we must act and think so that we are converted by it. In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something. …… It is not enough for anyone just to go through the motions. The commandments, ordinances, and covenants of the gospel are not a list of deposits required to be made in some heavenly account. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan that shows us how to become what our Heavenly Father desires us to become.” (The Challenge to Become, Liahona, Jan. 2001, 40; Ensign, Nov. 2000, 32).


let's go onto some QUESTION TIME, shall we?

1.  What was your reaction when you read that I had sent President Monson your "finding his neighbor from the 60's" story?
WOW WHAT?!?! haha that's awesome and crazy and um...I was super shocked!! :)
2.  Did you get to visit with Bradley this week?
Unfortunately no, Reza called and told us we were unable to come see him anymore. it's a very interesting situation, but at this point, Bradley is 100% in the Lord's Hands because we can't contact him anymore. It's a process, and missionaries will find him again, I'll pray for him forever until that happens! :)
3.  Are Sharlene, Sharaya and Sheldon still on target for baptism EASTER SUNDAY
No, they were unable to attend church due to a sickness in the family, so they're date will be pushed a couple weeks and they're still doing great!
4.  Anyone else you have met and/or are teaching?
Deepanwita-referred to the website from her coworker. they weren't allowed to talk church at work so she showed her the website and now she's preparing for baptism on the 4th! SOOO prepared! There's a way to share the gospel without talking about it at work, try it out! :)
Nestle-found when we dropped by a mormon.org referral but turns out the person who requested one didn't live there...we taught him the restoration on his doorstep and he was SOO excited to read the Book of Mormon! Said it all just makes sense that God would continue to talk to us today in the same way He has before; a prophet, 12 apostles, revelation and the priesthood, etc. I love prepared people! They're everywhere if we'll just listen to the Spirit! :)
5.  What exchanges did you go on this week?
Sister Colvin here in the North and Hermana Sandall here in the North :) they're such great missionaries! Love them both!!
6.  Did you receive your Easter package yet?  (I tried sending it extra early, as things seems to be taking longer and longer to get to you!)
not yet...but packages sometimes come on mondays after emails. we'll see. :)
7.  What was the funniest thing that happened to you this week?
ok not super funny as it was adorable and made us smile. ha so we contacted this nice Serbian man who spoke VERY little English, just got here 2 months ago. We were super nice to him and invited him to English class to which he was so grateful that he went to his trunk and pulled out 2 bottled waters from his groceries he had just purchased and gave us each a handful of Halls cough drops. haha SO cute!! haha I love how those from other countries show their gratitude; 'CANDY'! :)
8.  What are you most looking forward to this coming week?
The celebration of Easter in the air! I love the "love of Christ" that floods the world around Christmas and Easter. I do wish that everyone made it more of a pattern in their lives each and every day, but hey, that's why I'm here, helping others and myself make the Savior a pattern of righteous living in our everyday lives! and I love every second of it!
9.  What was your favorite study session centered on?
My Savior Jesus Christ. try it out - I personally read 1 Nephi 9 and then went on a rampage of the number 116. hymns-come follow me. Book of Mormon-2 Nephi 33, Nephi testifies of Christ. Bible-exodus 24, all the Lord has said, we will do. Doctrine and Covenants-section 63, none are saved but by purchase of blood. topical guide-renewal of Earth, East (Christ will come :)), Eat (sacrament). EVERYTHING testifies of Christ as the Savior and I love ALL of it!!!
10.  What are your plans for the rest of the day?
send off some stuff, shop, clean, eat, and go onto an exchange in Toronto!
11.  Any thoughts on what will happen with transfers next week?
Sister Hansen is staying here and I am leaving. my guess. we'll see...:) We'll go wherever God would like us to go! 

FINISH MY SENTENCE:
12.  If I could have one wish, it would be...
that it would stay this warm as it has been! 20' (68*F) this morning with LOTS of humidity! :)
13.  I could hardly wait to tell you....
HAPPY EASTER!!!
14.  Something "new" that I learned this week was...
Boldly testifying of Jesus Christ touches hearts, especially those who do not believe He is our Savior, for He is! I know it.
15.  My favorite companion bonding moment was....
giggling and eating our Halls together from our serbian friend :) such a nice man.
16.  It's been a while since I shared an embarrassing moment.  This weeks "E/M" brought to you by....
actually...I don't think I had one this week!! WOOHOO!! moving up in the world...:)
17.  In honor of Alexis and Amanda, my service this week is....
Focusing on sharing the Plan of Salvation with everyone that we met, with them in mind. This week we had lots of appointments and were looking for opportunities to serve but those we offered really didn't want our help...haha So to do the best service, we shared the Plan of Salvation with many people, especially testifying of Jesus Christ as the Savior and the ability we have to see those we love again. Everything is possible through our Father's plan through our Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for the knowledge that I'll be able to be with those 2 sweet ones again! I love this truth!
18.  One of the things I love most about President Scott is...
the fact that he can throw down in the most loving way possible. I don't know how he does it. you know how you feel when Elder Bednar speaks and you just want to be better, go out and conquer the world? yeah, well...President Scott. :)
19.  One of the things I love most about Sister Scott is....
SHE"S JUST SO CUTE!!! she is a bit soft spoken and every time she talks with you, you just know she loves you so much. flood of love!
20.  One of my favorite things about Canada is....
perogies. canadian pride. The fact that all nations kindreds tongue and people are here in Toronto, where I serve. LOVE IT! here they have ontario family day. also the geese here are huge. seriously huge.
21.  This week's "Gratitude Attitude" list includes...
the resurrection 
my calling
study journals
prepared people
God's Plan

Well, I need to go again this week. I'll do my best to email next monday but because of the holiday, we might need to do it wednesday. We'll do our best!! (see president's email) :) I know this Gospel is True! Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and He lives! How grateful I am for this knowledge! Let us share it with all! I love you all, how great is our calling!!

Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot :)

Missionary Invitation: Study the life of our Savior Jesus Christ as laid out in the Book of Mormon on the front page of chapter 3, lesson 2 in Preach My Gospel. Record your feelings and what you learn and then share them with a friend. sharing caring...doing missionary work...yes! :)

me and the "Halls" and the "water"
went to the mandarin for the first time with sister calletly!! 
Tanner-she LOVES you! :) 
It was so fun to talk about the cute Wheadon family with her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment