Monday, June 16, 2014

We should accept truth no matter where it comes from.

Mum, PahPea, Family, and Friends!!
 
Hello Hello! Greetings from Oshawa, the blessed land of Ontario! :) I love it here so much. Like really. Miracles are unfolding everyday in the simplest ways in other's eyes, but tremendous in ours. Because of the Father's Day weekend (**HAPPY BEST FATHERS DAY TO THE BEST FATHER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD**), everyone was out of town and were unable to meet. Sad day, but it's alright, happenings are looking up for this week! We keep meeting incredibly prepared people that just recently moved in within the past 3 weeks and they've never met missionaries before so....woohoo!!! :) I'm SUPER excited for this week. We are focusing on helping our investigators to attend sacrament meeting this week, so if you could pray for the Oshawa Zone, that would be greatly appreciated! :) Prayers are being offered on your behalf as well, from over here, I hope you know! If you need anything you need me to pray for, please let me know or else, well...I won't know! haha
 
I wanted to share a quote from C.S. Lewis that was included in President's email this week. From it we gain insights as to how Heavenly Father shapes and refines us into far more than we ever could have imagined we could be. He said, “Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of—throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace” (C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, New York: MacMillan Co., 1960, p. 160).
 
How about we answer some questions. eyup. let's do that. ready go.
1.  Alma 59:15-16 (your subject line last week) doesn't exist.  What was the scripture you meant?
woops. I meant chapter 39. ah man. that was probably super anticlimatic wasn't it? hmm. next time.
2.  Any FATHER's DAY message for your dad?
I LOVE YOU PAHPEA! happy father's day!!! I hope your day was incredible and you feel the love and the joy that I have knowing that you're my daddy! You've taught me SOO much, one thing in particular that I will love you forever for, is teaching me to love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. You leave your hometown and your eyes are opened to the reality that Satan truly has hold upon many families throughout the world, convincing them that families are not important. You, on the other hand, help me experience the joy of family and that it's an eternal unit through the power of the Priesthood. and for that, I will be forever grateful. I love you dad!!
3.  G'ma DeGroot's birthday is on Thursday.  Anything you'd like me to pass on to her?
Happy Birthday Grandma!!! I keep thinking how close (in distance) I am to you, and that allows me to reflect on the incredible selfless example you are to me!! I love you dearly and hope you have the greatest birthday ever! I love you and pray for you daily! LOVE you Grandma!
4.  How are things going with Dominique?
She is ignoring us...so...once we meet with her, we'll let you know! haha
5.  Ligia?
she wants to meet with us so badly but is consumed with finding a place to live by the end of the month that she can't. So if you could, please pray that circumstances will allow her to meet with us, thanks so much! she's doing great reading and praying though, that's for sure! :)
6.  Tunde?
doing well, was able to come to church yesterday and received a blessing for her back - she was in an accident last year and she's still feeling pain. The poor woman. Prayers are deeply appreciated and of course felt, thank you!
7.  Vincenzo?
one of those Father's day traveling investigators. We'll for sure meet this week though!!
8.  Have you received an update on Robert?
not yet 
9.  What about Kresho?
nope 
10. Anyone else I'm missing???
nope haha

FINISH MY SENTENCE...
11. This past week, Sister Fisher and I bonded over....
nightly lullabys. she literally will not let me go to sleep until I sing to her the song I sang at this past MLC with Sister Hansen, Sister Felix, and Elder Romrell. she really liked it. ha. she's so cute. :)
12. Did you know that....
I love you?
13. I could hardly wait to tell you....
that I love you.
14. Something I would like to improve on this coming week is...
100% not thinking of myself. Obviously I need to improve and do better, but I sometimes tend to focus on those things and lose track of the most important things that I am doing.
15. A companionship goal for this week is....
to role play 5x throughout the day in the car to receive revelation for our investigators :) oh role plays. gotta love them. :)
16. This week's exchanges included (   place   ) with (   sister   ) and sharing the gospel by (   method(s) used   )...
Sister Stats in Richmond Hill North, and Sister Hennessey here in Oshawa by focusing on Alma 7 and Almna 57, focusig on the Atonement of our Savior and thriving in the areas we feel the most uncomfortable in missioanary work. AKA: thrive in awkward situations! :)
17. My favorite study session this week centered on....
Justice and mercy
18. Something I am really looking forward to this week is....
FINDING THE ELECT!!
19. If I could talk face to face with the Savior, I would ask Him...
Why am I so blessed?
20. I am so grateful for...
my daddy
Preach My Gospel
Sister Fisher
the sacrament
Temples
 
Well, I am off! I love you all so so much and want you all to know that I know this Gospel is true. I know that our Father in Heaven is, indeed, there! Jesus Christ was not only necessary in God's plan, but He lives today as a witness that He was crucified and resurrected for our eternal progression! I know this to be true, and I know it through the power of the Holy Ghost! How GREAT is our calling!
 
Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot :)
 
Missionary Invitation: Study the simplicities of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then share it. Start with Faith this week in Preach My Gospel. What does faith mean to you? now go share that with someone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment