Monday, September 16, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 50:44

Mum, PahPea, Family and Friends!

Hello, hello! I love hearing that you're all doing well! I am glad you are, since I pray for you each and every day!:) We are doing really well here in Etobicoke, the work is definitely moving along! we're implementing new ways to work with the ward and it is definitely making strides in the work! I love member missionaries, they're soo cool!:) yes. that means I love you all, as well!:) We had a wonderful zone conference this past week, my testimony grew in so many different areas!! I love how the Spirit teaches so much at once!! who knew my testimony could actually grow that much at once, eh?:)
alright, let's jump into.......
QUESTION TIME!!
1. Are you sending pictures today? (I really hope the answer is YES!!)
I was going to until I realized I didn't bring my connection...sorry! next week!:)
2. Any message for Larissa, whose birthday is this week?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHNOOKUM!!!! I hope you have the greatest birthday in the whole wide world! You should, because I'm praying for you!:) I hope your roommates make you a giant cake and sing to you on your wonderful day of birth! :) I'll be doing the same! but with cookies. and we probably won't be singing since we'll be at a members home teaching a lesson...:) Love you lots, dear! happy birthday!!!
3. How were splits this week?
wonderful! I stayed here in Etobicoke for one and then went off to weston for another. I've discovered that you have to time travel VERY strategically because traffic here in Toronto is CRAZY!!!! haha our 20 minute commute sometimes ends up being an hour or longer! we're getting smarter, though, so don't worry!:)
4. Any feelings about transfers next week?
I don't think we're going anywhere, in all honesty. well, I hope not, at least! But hey, wherever the Lord wants me to go, I'll go! is it seriously transfer calls, again??? my goodness...where is time going......?
5. How did your presentation at Zone Conference go?
It was ok....because we taught at the same time as some zone leaders, we split the companionships and taught twice. the second one went much better, but my goodness it is so difficult to smoosh everything you want to say into 10 minutes so you can give the missionaries enough time to role play! It's a talent. one in which I'm learning VERY quickly!!! haha But it was good, we talked about keeping an eternal perspective while teaching our investigators so they understand that commandments and progression is a pattern for living rather than just up til baptism or a couple years after. It helped me recognize in my own life, why I live commandments and how I see it change my nature so that I may return to live with our Father in Heaven someday. I love how everything in the Gospel can be likened unto ourselves to help us learn and grow! :)
6. Any Ashley sightings?
negative....
7. How's Jorge?
Doing well! Sadly he wasn't able to come to church yesterday but we talked about General Conference a bit and he got really excited to hear the living prophet!!! WOOHOO!! greatest time in the world, as a missionary!!!!!:)
8. Any other investigators?
Roza: adorable sweet muslim lady, loves the Atonement!!:)
Arlene...found on exchange so I don't know her yet haha
9. Did any packages arrive this week?
nope but that definitely makes me want to go home and check our mailbox!!;)

FINISH MY SENTENCE...
10. My favorite study session this week was...
studying "His Grace is Sufficient" from this months Ensign. SOO good! That's my invitation for this week, is to read this talk but a couple of my favorite quotes from it are below;
-The miracle of the Atonement is not just that we can go home but that-miraculously-we can feel at home there.
-Grace is not achieved somewhere down the road. It is received right here and right now.
-There should never be just two options: perfection or giving up.
-Grace is not the absence of God's high expectations. Grace is the presence of God's power.
11. My favorite teaching moment was...
Teaching a less actives unbaptized daughter about prayer. It was so spiritual as we discussed what prayer does and can do for us. prayer is a wonderful tool that brings incredible blessings! how wonderful the tools our Heavenly Father gives that we may be close to Him!
12. I couldn't believe it when...
we did weekly planning and I wrote down the dates for week 5 of this transfer. IT'S MID-SEPTEMBER!!!??? ok. what??? I know this happens to me a lot, but seriously. this is getting insane...
13. I wish you could have seen...
The elders baptism yesterday. A less actives 2 young daughters were baptized and their family was so precious! and she's coming back to the church again! ah. so wonderful!:)
14. This week, I felt my Savior closest to me when...
When I received guidance on something that I've been praying about personally. It just built my testimony that my Heavenly Father is truly aware of me, that He knows me personally and will answer my prayers. God knows us perfectly, so when we don't know what to do about something, why not ask Him? he's our most perfect Resource!:)
15. The one thing I am hoping to accomplish this coming week is...
helping each person I contact feel the Spirit, by profoundly testifying of the message I am sharing. That's the only way people begin their conversion, is by a testimony from the Spirit. I know that, but I want others to feel of that as well. :)
16.  "A grateful heart...comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives." -Thomas S. Monson
This week I am most grateful for...
1. tights. because it's getting insanely cold already. ha!
2. the testimony of solid companions that bring the Spirit immediately!! so inspiring!
3. Missionary Tim Horton's run on the way to Zone Conference. mmmhmmm :)
4. President Scott's yielding to the Spirit in conferences to say exactly what I needed to hear!
5. My Savior's Atoning sacrifice. it is infinite. I testify that Jesus Christ not only sacrificed Himself for us, but that it was essential in our Heavenly Father's plan for us to return to live with Him someday. Many people truly do not have this knowledge, or refuse to believe it. But the thing is, we know this is true. I KNOW this is true. That is why I am on a mission. It's not because I want the stigma of a return missionary in the future, it's not because I know it'll be a good experience, it's not even because I want to improve my testimony, it's because I know that "this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. amen." 2 Nephi 31:21
This Work is eternal! and it's the only way our friends and loved ones can find peace in this life and eternal salvation in the world to come. that's why we share it; because we love others and because it's true, because it saves them. I know my Father lives, I know Christ lives, and I know they love us. I know this Gospel is true, and I know that when we entered those waters of baptism, we committed to assist in the spreading of His work. So let us rise up and do just that. I testify, there is no other way that will fill our lives with peace and joy than through the work of our God! Let us aid Him in this, His GLORIOUS work! :) How great is our calling!!!
Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot:)
Missionary Invitation: read the talk. :) page 35 in this months Ensign. you might want a journal next to you as well to write down thoughts and impressions, because lots will come! :) oh! and keep preparing for your General Conference get together!:) LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment