Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Life is like a Potato ~Alexis and Amanda Johnson

Mum, Daddy, Family, and Friends!

Ok hold up! I just found out some incredible news that I am so excited about!!! ALYSSA BAILEY IS GOING ON A MISSION TODAY???? WHAT?????!!!!! oh my goodness, capitalizing everything really doesn't show how excited I am but let's just say...I am SO excited!:) That's just so great!!! What wonderful news to start off a p-day!:) 
Let's just jump into this next area so I can share my quote for the day:)
PREGUNTAS!!! 
1.  Where did you go on exchanges this week?
I did 3 exchanges here in Etobicoke with a few sisters plus one in Christie East area with Spanish sisters. I brushed up a bit on my Spanish from back in high school and, yeah.....thank heavens I'm not a language missionary. ha! :)
2.  What's the update on Chris?
can't get a hold of him...sad day. We're still trying though, doing our best!:)
3.  Jorge?
went out of town for a couple weeks...:(
4.  Yvonne?
ha interesting story here....so we went for our appointment and when we got there, she looked like the same lady but without her wig on, and she was unable to pronounce her words as we met with her. I felt really bad because I couldn't understand what she was saying, nor could the sister I was on exchanges with, and in all honesty...I don't even know if it was her. She said that was her name but it wasn't Yvonne. So I dunno...I'm just really confused with that visit. 
5.  Did the package arrive with the book I made you?  (you'll know what I'm talking about if it did!)
OH MY GOODNESS YES!!! MOM! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!:):):) Thank you SOO much, it is the greatest thing ever! I read one letter every day at the beginning of my personally study, President Scott has incredible letters that are helping me so much so thanks again, it's wonderful!!!:) I LOVE YOU!!!!
6.  Speaking of packages, do you have to pay anything to get them?
sure don't!!!:) 
7.  Did you ever receive your new debit card from me?  (I haven't activated it yet, because I keep forgetting to ask if you got it....oops!)
oh right! haha eyup! I got it, thanks!!!:)
8.  Did you get to play sports last p-day?  If so, what?
nope, we spent the day with a couple sisters, and played guitar! mmhmm, yes please!:)
FINISH MY SENTENCE:
9.  Understanding that there are many aspects of missionary life, one of my very favorites is....
Just teaching everyone. I love when someone in the park wants to listen to you and you end up talking for 45 minutes, being able to share restored truth and then hearing them invite you back. That's when you know the Spirit was there, and you did something right. :)
10.  Sister Arksey makes me laugh when...
I wake up in the middle of the night and she's contacting me or doing follow up calls in her sleep:)
11.  I make Sister Arksey laugh most when...
I just asked her and she said "when do you not?" haha then she said "when she eats my food" nope! Haven't changed at all!:)
12.  My favorite teaching moment this week was....
Teaching Ashley on the side of the street. She's at a very hard time in her life right now and she said that she feels bad for putting God in the dark in her life. We bore her testimony about Christ's Atonement and how, no matter what situation we are in or how dark our life may seem, God is still there, and he will forever care about and love us. The Spirit was so strong as we talked about what Christ did for us and how we can access that cleansing power in our lives, and the yearning in her eyes for that comfort just melted my heart. The only difficult thing is, she doesn't have a place to live or a phone number, so it's going to be quite difficult to meet with her, but we decided on a place that we could continue to drop by and try to contact her, but in the meantime, she has a copy of the Book of Mormon and I will be praying for her every day. Until we meet her again, and even afterwards, please pray for her. :) Thank you so much, I am so grateful for your support and prayers on our brothers and sisters behalves! :) I can promise you, it is truly felt and deeply appreciated!!
13.  Knowing that my mom is itching to send another package, what I would really love to be included in it is....
haha you're so cute....um....well sister arksey's half birthday was last week....
14.  I am happiest when...
I choose to be! I truly am happiest when I share the Gospel. broad answer, but the truth. :)
well, I must be off, But I want to end with a quote I read this morning"...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds...so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." When I work my hardest I find, almost immediately, a sense of perseverance that I didn't know I had. I push myself harder and harder each day and as I do, I improve, little by little. It doesn't matter how long it takes for us to progress to the extent we'd like to, what matters is that we make the effort to do so rather than settling to be comfortable with where we're at. God says in 2 Nephi 28:30 that if we don't exercise the guidance and tools we've been given, it will be taken from us. In the past couple of days, as I've been striving to push myself even harder little by little, I've found that sense of perseverance pop up again.  I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to progress little by little each and every day, and I know that no matter what situation we're in and whatever we're trying to improve, we should forever remember and live up to the fact that it's much better to be the slowest one in the fast lane, than the fastest one in the slow lane. (insert swimming tidbit) :) I love you all so much and hope you have  a wonderful week! let's share the Gospel, eh? :) HOW GREAT IS OUR CALLING????
Love for now and forever,
Sister De Groot :)
Missionary Invitation: Follow up on the 21 days promise from a handful of weeks ago, if you haven't started, please start. if you have, begin to pray for ways to begin the sharing the gospel with those people who have stood out to you. :) It always works out, I can promise you!:) I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment