Monday, March 17, 2014

Mosiah 28:3 :)

Mum, PahPea, Family and Friends!!

Hello hello! I hope all is going well for you this week! Everything here is fantastic, I just LOVE being a missionary? sound cliche? absolutely. but absolutely 100% true! :) I love this truth, I love this work!!! and I hope you are as well in your areas! :)

let's give a shoutout to the birthday girl!!!
ahem.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER NICOLE!!!! I hope you have the greatest day ever! :) Make sure that you're little one gives you a giant hug for me....assuming he can hug you already....i'm not sure...:) I love you ber!!! have a fantastic day!!!

so....QUESTION TIME!
1.  Did your St. Patrick's Day package arrive?
not yet! :)
2.  Are you wearing GREEN today?
sure am! well...blue green. almost there. :)
3.  How do those in Mississauga celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
they drink. a lot. like seriously. other than everybody drunk, I actually kind of forgot that it was st. patty's day. :) haha
4.  Any message for THIS WEEK's Birthday Girl?  
HAPPYBIRTHDAYBERNICK!!! I lub you so much and hope you have the best birthday in the whole wide world! 25, eh? yikes, you're old. it's ok, i still love you! :) happy birthday!!
5.  Bradley sounds like a real sweetheart.  What is the update on him?
he sure is, that's for sure! :)  He's still planning to be baptized on march 30th, but we're ensuring that his parents are comfortable and supportive, so it's not set in stone quite yet. But definitely working towards it! :)
6.  Joe?
He's been super busy this past week so we haven't been able to meet with him again. If you could, please pray for him. We feel like something else is going on in his life that he doesn't want to talk with us about, and we're a bit worried about him. So we, along with he, would appreciate some special prayers on his behalf. Thank you so much!
7.  Kevanique and Camilla?
They were gone for the spring break week, appointment this week!
8.  Pictures....are any being sent today?
sure are! :)
9.  How did Transfer Day go?
went well! I went on a mini exchange with sister rogers and worked in our area until our new companions came here to Mississauga! :) 
10. How are you and Sister Hansen getting along?
SOO well! We are so excited to continue working hard in the area and build it up! She's the youngest of 9, from Salt Lake City, sings beautifully, loves obedience and loves the work! so therefore, we're doing GREAT! :)
11. What are your plans for the remainder of today?
taking sister hansen out for her birthday today to panda express and then we're deep cleaning our apartment! woot woot! :)

FINISH MY SENTENCE:
12. My FAVORITE study session centered around.....
Missionary work!! We were planning for a member family and as I studied our Father's purpose, it reminded me more deeply of my purpose as both a full time missionary and a member missionary. Our purpose upon this Earth is to aid our Father in His, which is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" and our salvation can only be truly guaranteed through the work of the Restored Gospel of Our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this work so much and I am so grateful to be here at this time! How great is my calling!!!
13. Sister Hansen and I bonded over....
food. music. singing. laughing. old testament seminary videos after planning. working hard. ah man, this is going to be a GREAT transfer. :)
14. Saying good-bye to Sister Edwards was....
really unexpected, because we had to leave each other the night before transfer day! ah man...it actually felt like we were going on another exchange! but then we 'exchanged back' and it was Sister Hansen. I was really confused....:) I get to see her this saturday though because Elder Bednar is coming to our mission and instructing us, all of the missionaries!!! WOOHOO!!!!! ohmygoodnesssgraciousIamsoexcitedIcan'tevenwaitI'mdyingwoohoo!!!!!:)
15. I'm really looking forward to.....
look above. :)
16. I've been so excited to tell you.....
look above x 2. 
17. You can tell that "Spring is in the air" in Mississauga because....
WE WALKED AROUND WITHOUT ANY COATS ON FOR 2 WHOLE HOURS!!!!! oh my goodness. it was so exciting!!!!!! :)
18. My favorite teaching moment was....
teaching Bradley again. That boy is just so tune with the Spirit! We taught him about the armor of God in Ephesians 6 and he LOVED it, it's just so exciting how joyful he got about the Gospel and the lightbulb that came into his mind as he was applying it to himself and how he could use it in his life. It made me think about myself and if I allow myself that same level of joy whenever I learn something new, do I apply it to my life with that same enthusiasm? I think that's definitely something I could work on. :)
19. Something new I learned this week was....
birds in Ontario fly north too soon.
20. I am so grateful for....
the sun
Sister Hansen being born
exchanges
that I don't need to convince anyone, the Spirit does that. that brings so much comfort! :)
My Savior

Well, I'm off. I know that this work it true. It's too perfect to be anything less. I love my Savior and all that He has done for and for you. I know that there is a repentance granted for us, if we will but live the Gospel our Savior, out of love and mercy, has given to us. No matter what you are going through, I can promise you can find peace if you will but live the Gospel. It's simple, yet so true. That's why I'm a missionary, because it's true. and oh, how great is our calling!!

Love for now and for ever, 
Sister De Groot :)

Missionary Invitation: study missionary work, your purpose, and our Father in Heaven's purpose. and see if there is any distinction between any of them. :)

(L to R): Sisters:  Rogers, De Groot, Edwards, Mitchell
CN Tower in Toronto
Love those skylines!!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment