Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2 Nephi 28:30

Mum, PahPea, family and friends!!

Bonjour! Comment allez-vous? ...and that's the extent of my french! haha compliments of my cute little french-speaking-at-university companion!:) eyup. she's pretty great!:) My goodness, missionary work is so rewarding!!! Seriously. You know how when I would get very little sleep at home, and I'd be crazy hyper? well that's how it is here!! not to the extent of hyperness I'd have back at home, no no...that would send these adorable canadians running for cover, but naturally, I feel like I should be in hibernation, yet I have so much energy at all of the times!!!?!?!? how does that work, you know, I really couldn't tell ya!:) But I sure do like it!:) This week was awesome, and we saw so many blessings come from so many unexpected places!!:) Such is missionary work, eh?:)

I have lots to talk about, so let's just jump into....
QUESTION TIME!!!
1.  I'm thinking next week is TRANSFERS, am I correct?  (Also, I'm thinking there is a good chance that you will be leaving London.  What are your thoughts?  ALSO....I'm going to hold off on sending you a package until I hear where you'll be next week, OK?)
It sure is, and my goodness, I seriously feel like this transfer started last week! Crazy....and yes, I do think I will be leaving London this next transfer. which makes me really sad to be completely honest. I LOVE London SOO much! I told Brother Brown (the one who calls me the brat but he really does love me ;)) on Sunday that he has to be nice to me this week because I'll probably be leaving next week, and when he realized I was serious, he got so disappointed! haha poor browns, because of it, they actually invited us over for dinner haha :) Love that family SO much!
2.  How is Luke doing?  
We were actually unable to get a hold of him for a bit, but as we were shopping this morning, we ran into him at Dollarama and set up an appointment for tomorrow!:) I LOVE how the Lord works, just LOVE it!:)
3.  What about Agya?  (LOVED the "testimony bearing" story!!)
He's doing well, but he's still very hesitant about being baptized again for fear of making it a joke. We're helping him realize the importance of being baptized by the right authority, and feel that sharing another doctrine in the Gospel in the Plan of Salvation will help him out with that. Everything works out the way it's supposed to, eh?:)
4.  Kevin?
Kevin is doing really well! He realized the importance of really putting in his effort in reading the Book of Mormon this past week and says he is seeking much more earnestly than he was before. Every time he comes to church, he just says 'there's a good feeling here'. :) I love when we recognize the Spirit, just LOVE it!:)
5.  Anyone else you are teaching?
Zack was previously being taught by other missionaries but then was passed onto us and he is so cool!! He actually reminds me SOOOO much of Ryan!! Oh my goodness, it's so crazy how much you two are alike, Ry!! like seriously. I'm teaching your doppleganger up in London, ON just in case you were wondering....:) anyways! So yeah, he's very sincere and progressing very well! He has a baptismal date for the 18 and I really hope I will be here to see it, but most likely....I'll just be getting a picture. But hey, it doesn't matter if I'm here or not, he's getting baptized!!!:) So proud of him!:) 

IT'S TIME TO PLAY....."FINISH MY SENTENCE!!!"  :0)

6.  WHEN I LOOK OUT MY BEDROOM WINDOW, I SEE....
a tree. it's big and green and each morning I watch a dove fly back and forth and feed her little ones. it's so adorable!:)
7.  THE FIRST THING I NOTICE EACH MORNING WHEN I WALK OUT MY FRONT DOOR IS...
another door. :) 
8.  THIS MORNING'S PERSONAL SCRIPTURE STUDY FOCUS WAS.....
Sanctification through Christs Atonement. It was SOO good! I wish I had more time to go into detail but let's just say that sanctification means the cleansing of oneself through ritual washings and annointings both literally and figuratively - ordinances such as baptism and taking the sacrament and ALLOWING the Atonement to cleanse you completely. :)
9.  ONE WAY THAT SISTER DYER AND I ARE STRENGTHENING OUR COMPANIONSHIP IS...
starting to go running each morning! weird how that would strengthen our relationship, but it is actually! haha
10.  I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN....
PollyAnna called us the other day to tell us her exciting news! Brace yourselves, people....PollyAnna is getting married on Saturday (yes THIS saturday) to our ward mission leader!!! and she told us that she is planning her sealing around the time when S Dyer and I can be there!!!! SOOOOOOOO exciting, it's ridiculous!!!! :):):):):) and yes, you may be thinking-woah. that's fast. maybe, but hey, when you know, you know, eh?;)
11.  THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG AS....
Shy Zack came out of his shell and actually prayed with us! He's quite timid (or so he plays off..haha) so seeing him pray, and with his 7 year old sister was amazing!:)
12.  MY FAVORITE TEACHING MOMENT WAS.....
Teaching Zack about Prayer. After he prayed, The Spirit was so strong as we bore testimony to him, and noticed a layer of tears developing in his eyes. It was the sweetest thing in the world!!! This Gospel is SOOOO true and it changes lives!:)
13.  FIVE THINGS I AM ESPECIALLY GRATEFUL FOR THIS WEEK ARE....
     a) The Gospel
     b) The Godhead
     c) My Mom and Dad
     d) My friends and family
     e) popcorn. duh. :)
Well my lovelies, I must depart, but please know that I love you SOOOO much! and know that I know this Gospel is true! I'm going to get kicked off the computer soon, so let's share the Gospel to all!!!:) HOW GREAT IS OUR CALLING???
Love for now and for ever,
Sister De Groot:)
Missionary Invitation: Go to the temple with a question. and study it in your mind and heart and talk with God about it in prayer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment